Monday, October 26, 2009

Diseased

*This poem is my number 1 slam... the one I do everywhere because I know it by heart.

Unbury yourself from the depths inside
watch life flood from between my thighs
cycle continued
blood after the wound
your subtle knife sliced

because the seeds of greed were planted from tears cried
after I laid with deprivation and slept around with lies
and if you sleep with dogs
you wake up with fleas
conclusion:
love is a mutt,
and I've caught the disease

but there's more to this equation
than the noise I've been raisin'
about the pride that I've cried
and the tears I've sanctified
this is about the months
I've been staying in hiding
and the dreams I killed
before they were confided

because I know a little about being used
know how to be blind
and still see the truth
because I've felt my stomach swell
with the clamoring of thunder
felt it clamp tight
as the wonder's torn asunder

because abortions of the mind
are much easier to find
follow the path of fleas to to the end of the design
and when you leave
press "erase" please
delete the messages found in this place
and forget what you've seen.

1 comment:

  1. this poem kind of reminds me of roarke.he uses people.he is a terrible person.i should know,i used to be his son.

    ReplyDelete